Saturday we had a first happen. After Anthony woke up from his nap we got in the car and did some quick errands. We then were in Gresham and drove up to the A&W on 26. I love that place because of the whole persona of bringing the food on roller skates and hanging off our car window.
Well the funny thing was that Trevor and I both got milkshakes which we were going to share with the kids. Trevor reached back to let Anthony take a sip from the straw and Anthony tried to grab it. Trevor got control again and continued to try and let him sip and then all the sudden I see almost all of Trevor's body go in the back seat. Well Anthony had grabbed a hold of the cup and broke it and half of the milkshake landed right on his lap. I immediately got out of the van and opened Anthony's door and there he was COVERED with strawberry milkshake. Crying his eyeballs out because it was so cold. I had napkins and started to clean him up and Trevor got around to our side and had to run for more. I got enough off of Anthony and got him out of his car seat. I took off his shirt and shorts and was holding his hand while he stood on the parking lot in his socks.
There were so many funny things about this happening that I could not help but laugh. First Trevor picked up a stuffed animal to wipe it off and it's a dog that if you move it's mouth it barks Christmas songs. So he was wiping off milkshake and the dog was barking Jingle Bells. I burst out laughing and I looked at Trevor who had been a little ticked off about the situation and he started grinning and laughing in the end.
Needless to say we got out the wet wipes. Wiped Anthony down changed his diaper and got him back in seat and went back to eating. The life of a parent.
Saturday night I went out with some girlfriends and to my friend Katie's house. We were celebrating our friend Kate and her soon to be third child. I had a great time and know I need to get out more often.
Sunday we went to church. After church we drove down to Cascade Locks for great scenery and some great ice cream at East Winds drive in. We got our food and drove down into the park. The Stern Wheeler days was going on. We parked and watched Native Americans fishing with a huge net and the fish swim into the net and then they dragged it up. I bet I could catch some Salmon that way.
We decided to walk over to the Island where tippees were set up and some people were camped out and also had Native American replicas or original stuff for sale. First thing is that Anthony is infatuated with dogs. Anywhere we are if he seeing one he will start pointing and babbling as much as possible until we see and realize they are there. Then we stopped at a tippee and the man and woman had hand made bow and arrows and necklaces. I was complimenting them and Trevor was joking with Amanda about the scrapes her daddy got in with his bow and arrows as a kid. All of the sudden the man there handed Trevor one of the pretty necklaces and said to try it on Amanda. Well Amanda does not like being on the spot and so if someone is watching she does not want to put on or try it. Trevor started to hand it back to the Gentleman and he told us "no it's for her we gave it to her". WOW, nothing else we could say to kindness but Thank you.
Sunday was such a good day and I love sending the time with my family.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment